Digital Dozen – late edition!
A day late, but full of goodies nonetheless. Feast your eyes and your mind!
- All of the posts on the Googly Eye Books Tumblr are just wonderful, but this Black Beauty one had me cackling:
- When SNL are on, they’re ON. Their idea of a Wes Anderson horror movie starring Ed Norton as a remarkably convincing Owen Wilson.
- I want to swim about in this before it’s sullied with children’s grossness.
- With just a couple of days left on its Kickstarter, Glamazons: the Curse of the Chainmail Bikini has caught my attention. I would normally skim by the art style, but in actual fact this is a game that takes a tongue in cheek look at the skimpy nature of females clad in fantasy-realm clothing. “Pushed to the brink by pervy medieval blacksmiths and sweaty basement dwellers alike, killing monsters is the easy part – now the Glamazons must face their most difficult challenge – finding female armor that is actually functional!” I’m not sure it’s a game I’d enjoy gameplay-wise, but I sure love their humour and tone.
- If I had some nice photography equipment, I’d like to spend time helping out on a project like this, photographing homeless dogs to help them find homes. It’s amazing what some great photography does to the adoption rate of homeless pets!
- Speaking of badass ladies, here’s a supercut of many of the ‘final girl’ strong female figures in horror.
- How great is this coffee table/rug idea? It just needs a spooky den and fireplace to match.
- There’s been plenty more spooky stuff posted lately, due to Halloween – this lays more on the funny side, though. I love when Kate Beaton does her book cover funnies, and now she’s done spooky postcards. I love her brain.
- Bringing everyday things to life with little sketches, this project is truly lighthearted and bursting with creativity.
- I hope the composite mobile phone project that Motorola are developing comes to fruition. Imagine an upgrade-able phone, rather than a phone you have to totally ditch to keep up to date! It looks so exciting.
- Bike traffic is so important in the Netherlands, they develop amazing things like elevated roundabouts for it. I’m in love.
- While you’re working your way through cheap post-Halloween candy, enjoy these candy facts!