Hello, friends! If you are here in Canada, enjoy your Thanksgiving long weekend! I’m going to be potlucking it up with my vegan posse on Monday, so I hope to write up about the deliciousness and cruelty-free awesomeness of the day soon. In the meantime, have a good weekend, however short or long it will be for you!
- Although I don’t use Vine as much as other social media networks, I still love what I see of it. This is a creative little video on what cut and paste would be awesome at. And a lot of these are great (some are plain dumb, though):
Butterscotch Cummerbund er, I’m sorry, Benedict Cumberbatch did a Reddit AMA and it is truly wonderful. My favourite? Q: Do you, Matt smith, and Tom Hiddleton have cheek bone polishing parties? A: We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet. How is he even real?
- Some wonderful creature has gone and done one of the geekiest things. Raspberry Pi linux computer inside a Lego BMO. *head explode*
- A guy regained his sight by having a tooth implanted in his eye. That’s a thing! A thing that science does! Oh man. Amazing.
- Life hacks – Mental Floss looks at what works and what doesn’t.
- Banksy’s been getting about in NYC this last week. There’s a lot of awesome stuff, but I think this one is the thing that’s grabbed me most, visually.
The last chunk of today is all animal related. It just really came up in the stuff I’d put aside this week!
- Meredith Gran, creator of webcomic Octopus Pie, did this wonderful painting Tree of Friends. I looooove it.
- In the harbour in Victoria, B.C., they’ve installed a webcam underwater so you can watch seals and otters and all sorts of stuff. SO COOL. It’s a bit murky for me this morning, but I hope to see some critters larking about soon.
- Rats are so smart! Oh gosh, I love ’em.
- Brides throwing Cats is your weekly Tumblr hilarity (because no cats are actually being thrown, but the concept is hilarious).
- Look at this little guy catching a ride. Awww.
- Who knew watching a red panda playing with a pumpkin would be so entertaining